Who are we?
Claire Hitchings Coaching is a UK-based triathlon and biking coaching consultancy company.
Why I process personal data
My lawful basis for process is 'Consent' - the individual (or parent/guardian) has given clear consent for me to process their personal (or child's) data for a specific purpose.
I require information to understand attendee needs, provide attendees with a service and for internal record keeping.
I also hold a 'Be an Insider' mailing list hosted by MailChimp, enabling subscribers to get first access to the latest events and updates from Claire Hitchings Coaching. Subscribers can change their mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email they receive from me or contacting Claire Hitchings.
The data that I process
I am the data controller of your personal data. This means I am responsible for decisions and actions about processing. I may collect the following personal information to enable me to provide services to attendees:
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as age, activity experience
- Consent details including participant details, medical and specific needs, emergency contact details and a declaration
- Other information relevant to operate my clubs and courses.
Data is received via my website. Details are stored on a password protected computer in Outlook email and on Excel and Word files (all are password protected). A back up copy is saved on a potable hard drive (stored in a locked storage container). Printed copies are on site whilst courses run.
I do not share data with anyone else unless I am working with other coaches. In such circumstances relevant data will be shared.
Data will be reviewed each September and will be deleted if it has been 1 year or more from when an attendee last attended a club, course or event.
GDPR legislation gives you a number of rights regarding your personal information, which you can access at no cost:
- The right to be informed - we aim to be transparent about the information we collect and why we are using it. You can request further information from us at any time
- The right of access - you can request the information we hold about you
- The right to rectification - you can request us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold
- The right to erasure - you can request us to delete the information held on you
- The right to restrict processing - you can request us not to process your data in a particular way
- The right to data portability - to have us transfer your information electronically to yourself or another provider
- The right to object - to object to how we are using your information
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
I will always aim to comply with your request unless there is a legitimate reason for me to use your information or comply with lawful obligations.
If you have a concern about how your data has been collected or used you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office - https://ico.org.uk.
How to contact me
You can contact our Data Protection Officer - Claire Hitchings
Use of this website is monitored by collecting statistical user information. No personally identifiable data is collected in this process. Typically, we collect information about the number of visitors to the website, to each web page, the technology used to browse the internet and the domain from which the visitor originated. This information is used to understand the visitors use of the website.
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computers hard disk. This website itself doesn't drop cookies, however, third party tools added to the site may use and leave cookies on your computer. This includes tools like Google Analytics, social media such as Facebook and Twitter and embedded videos from sources like YouTube. We will try and make you aware if cookies are present and give you the opportunity to opt out.
You can also disable cookies in your website browser preventing them being saved. This may affect some of the websites functionality.