Summer Bike Skills Camp
Monday 26 July, Tuesday 27 July and Wednesday 28 July at Kemsing Primary School
Beginners: 09:30-10:30, £37.50 for the 3 sessions. This is aimed at approx. 5-8 year olds who can start and stop independently but are "early-career" with their cycling skills. Skills for the beginners will include braking, mounting and dismounting the bike, cornering, balance and coordination. There will be a large emphasis on building bike riding confidence.
- 09:25 - riders arrive at the meeting point - parents/guardians "drop and go"
- 09:30 - session starts
- 10:25 - session finishes
- 10:30 - riders collected from the meeting point - parents/guardians "pick up and go".
Intermediate: 10:35-12:00, £56.25 for the 3 sessions. Riders must be able to start and stop independently and be able to corner in control. Skills for the intermediates will build on those of the beginners and include climbing and descending, riding over obstactles and some road safety awareness.
- 10:30 - riders arrive at the meeting point - parents/guardians "drop and go"
- 10:35 - session starts
- 11:55 - session finishes
- 12:00 - riders collected from the meeting point - parents/guardians "pick up and go".
All riders must have a well-maintained bike, cycle helmet and clothing appropriate to the weather on the day.
Kemsing Primary School playground. West End, Kemsing, TN15 6PU.
Covid-19 guidance when attending session
In order to keep riders, coaches and others safe, the sessions will run in a Covid-19 Secure manner, following guidance from the British Triathlon Federation.To keep everyone as safe as possible, please read and ensure the participant understands the following:
- Participants should not leave home to participate in the sessions if they, or someone they live with, has any of the following: high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- It is the participant's responsibility to be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in bike activities.
- Participants should have washed bike gloves for each season and wash their riding kit after each session.
- The sharing of equipment (bikes, helmets, water bottles, snacks, etc.) must be avoided.
- Participants must remain socially distanced throughout the sessions. Keep at least 2 metres apart from other people whenever possible whilst riding - be respectful and allow other riders and pedestrians to pass at a safe distance where necessary.
- Social distancing on arrival/leaving and post-session should be adhered to. Participants should arrive changed and ready to ride. When arriving the participants will be allocated a cone to stand by for a briefing and bike and helmet check before we start.
- I will keep a temporary record of all participants at every session delivered for 21 days to assist with requests for data to support the government's test and trace initiative.
- Participants need to have a bike helmet (that fits).
- Participants need to have a road-worthy bike (with bar end plugs, working brakes, pumped up tyres and working chain and gears). It is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to ensure that his/her child's bike is in a safe condition to ride.
All attendees are required to complete a consent form.
Terms and conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability and you making full payment.
- A session may be cancelled due to insufficient numbers or weather if it poses a threat to enjoyment and/or safety; full payment will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given in respect of non-attendance or any cancellations (unless a replacement booking is made, which is subject to a £10 admin fee).