Secret Squirrel Bike Club
THE CLUB IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
Wednesdays after school - 4:15 at Ightham Primary School.
Places are limited.
The focus of the club is on boys and girls improving their bike skills whilst having fun in risk-assessed traffic-free environments. Skills include braking, mounting and dismounting the bike, cornering, descending and riding 1-handed (for signalling and balance practice).
To participate in the bike club, participants need to:
- Be in Years 4-6.
- Be able to ride a bike without stabilisers and start and stop independently
- Have a bike helmet (that fits)
- Have a road-worthy bike (with bar end plugs, working brakes, pumped up tyres and working chain and gears). It is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to ensure that the child's bike is in a safe condition to ride.
Payment and bookings
The cost of each session is £6 (£54 for the 9 sessions across Terms 1 & 2).
All signed-up attendees are required to complete a consent form.
Terms and conditions
- All bookings are subject to availability and you making full payment.
- A session may be cancelled due to weather if it poses a threat to enjoyment and/or safety; full payment will be refunded. In such events you will be notified by the school by lunchtime.
- No refunds will be given in respect of any cancellations (unless a replacement booking is made, which is subject to a £10 admin fee) or non-attendance.
Meet the coach
Claire Hitchings competes for Great Britain in their age group team and has won multiple World, European and National titles across triathlon and duathlon (both road and off-road). She is a mountain bike rider for Velocipede Cycles Racing. She is a British Triathlon Federation Level 2 Diploma triathlon coach. She is sports first aid trained, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checked and insured through the British Triathlon Federation. She holds a sport science degree and a PhD in sport psychology. She has attended the sports coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop as well as the NSPCC Designated Safeguarding Officer course.