To book click here
Duathlon Club (running and cycling)
This is a perfect opportunity for your children to give the fabulous sport of duathlon a go! The club is tailor-made for beginners and the main emphasis is on having fun whilst learning. Duathlons are like triathlon but without the swimming! So, running and cycling. Duathlon races consist of a run leg, a bike leg and a final run.
Bike and run sessions - once a week on Wednesdays at Ightham Primary School (after school - 4:15).
To participate in the club, participants need to:
- Be in Years 3-6
- Enjoy cycling and running
- Be able to listen and follow instructions
- Be able to ride a bike without stabilisers and start and stop independently (with brakes, not feet!)
- Have a bike helmet (that fits)
- Have a road-worthy bike (with bar end plugs, working brakes, pumped up tyres and working chain and gears). It is the participant's or parent's/guardian's responsibility to ensure that his/her child's bike is in a safe condition to ride
- Be able to run ~600 m.
Payment and bookings
Places are limited and are on a first-come-first served basis. The cost for the 10 x Wednesday sessions is £65. Once your place is booked, pleased complete an online consent form.
Meet the coach
Claire Hitchings competes for Great Britain in their age group team and has won multiple World, European and National titles across triathlon and duathlon (both road and off-road). She is a British Triathlon Federation Level 2 Diploma triathlon coach, sports first aid trained, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checked and insured through the British Triathlon Federation.